More and more Chinese people are discovering the beauty of Israel. Israelis and Jews 犹太人 have a lot with the Chinese in common. And even though the country of Israel is tiny, it’s almost as varied as China.
Here’s an overview of what you’d want to explore – whether you’re traveling on an organized trip 有组织的旅行 or by yourself 自由.
Places to go and things to do:
1. Tel Aviv 特拉维夫: a beautiful city with beautiful people, especially in summertime on the beach! Tel Aviv has got an amazing night life and feeds loads of startups 创业公司 – see if you can visit some or at least a shared working space such as WeWork. Also, don’t forget to visit the old town of Yafo and the market there 雅法市场.
2. Jerusalem 耶路撒冷: this is the capital of the monotheistic religions, Christianity 基督教, Judaism 犹太教and to some extent Islam 伊斯兰教. There’s lots of Middle Eastern history to be explored here, walk around the old city and don’t miss out on the market.
3. The Dead Sea 死海: this is the world’s lowest spot on Earth在地球上最低. Bathing and floating in the Dead Sea works miraculously for your skin 皮肤.. the Dead Sea’s special minerals really clean out your skin! It’s also just fun floating in the Dead Sea, which happens because of the great amount of salt in the water. While you’re there in the area, also take a walk along Ein Gedi spring in the desert 沙漠.
4. Food 吃饭: Try some local foods, such as hummus 鹰嘴豆泥and fresh vegetable salad 蔬菜沙拉. And if you’re tired of Israeli food, in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem you can find some real Chinese restaurants, including Sichuanese 四川菜.
5. Drinks酒: Try arak – this is a local middle Eastern liquor with an anise taste. Israeli wines 葡萄酒are also great. In the North you can visit and wine taste at some local Israeli boutique vineyards 葡萄园.
6. Bars and clubs 酒吧，卡拉OK: in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv there’s lots of fun bars. These bars seat you outside and fill the streets with buzzing life. Tel Aviv also has got lots of clubs, so you can party every night, all night long. And yesss, the way we like it Asian style! Israel has got a few real karaoke places with private rooms Karaoke 卡拉OK 🙂